Committees assist the board of directors in the management of the division, or address particular concerns of the division. Terms commence and end at the adjournment of ALA Annual Conferences.
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/25/2013. Last retrieved on 05/25/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Joint Committee & Interest Group Chairs Community (ALA Connect)
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Distance Learning Interest Group 2013 Midwinter Meeting Minutes
- LITA Mobile IG
- LITA Heads of Library Technology (HoLT) IG - ALA Midwinter
- 2013 Forum Committee Report
- Linked Library Data IG managed discussion & business meeting reports from Midwinter 2013
- Library Code Year interest group report - ALA Midwinter 2013
- Imagineering IG Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2013
- Game Making IG Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2013
- Open Source Systems IG meeting, ALA Midwinter 2013
- 2012 LITA National Forum Final Report
The committee chairs group consists of chairs of all LITA committees, the Committee Coordinator and LITA staff liaisons.
LITA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on committees. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee, be able to participate in Committee meetings when scheduled, e.g., Annual Conferences, Midwinter Meetings, or other times of the year as needed and, be able to contribute to the activities of the committee. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out the application form. Generally, appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1, for two year terms. Exceptions to this include the LITA National Forum Planning Committee (18 months before the Forum through the December after the Forum), the Nominating Committee (18 months before the election through the election) and, the Awards and Scholarships committees (one year terms).