LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee will play a leadership role in the creation and development of metadata standards for bibliographic information. The Committee will review and evaluate proposed standards; recommend approval of standards in conformity with ALA policy; establish a mechanism for the continuing review of standards (including the monitoring of further development); provide commentary on the content of various implementations of standards to concerned agencies; and maintain liaison with concerned units within ALA and relevant outside agencies.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/01/2015. Last retrieved on 02/01/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Metadata Standards Committee
- MSC ALA Midwinter 2015 Meeting Agenda
- Conference Call notes: January 9, 2015
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee, Conference Call Agenda 2015-01-09
- LITA/ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee, Conference Call Agenda 2014-12-01
- LITA/ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee, Conference Call Agenda 2014-10-15
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee -- Midwinter Minutes
- Understanding schema.org at ALA Annual Conference - Sunday 10:30am, LVCC S230
- ALA Annual 2014 Meeting Agenda - ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee
- Understanding Schema.org
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee consists of 9 voting members. Four members are appointed by ALCTS and four members are appointed by LITA. RUSA appoints one voting liaison. Two co-chairs are appointed by ALCTS and LITA, one from each division.
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee was established in 2012.