LITA / ALCTS Metadata Standards Committee
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee will play a leadership role in the creation and development of metadata standards for bibliographic information. The Committee will review and evaluate proposed standards; recommend approval of standards in conformity with ALA policy; establish a mechanism for the continuing review of standards (including the monitoring of further development); provide commentary on the content of various implementations of standards to concerned agencies; and maintain liaison with concerned units within ALA and relevant outside agencies.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 02/20/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- MSC Conference Call Agenda 2017-02-13
- MSC Conference Call Agenda 2017-01-09
- Agenda for MSC Meeting at ALA Midwinter 2017
- MSC Conference Call Agenda 2016-12-16
- May 2016 report to LITA Board
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee 2016 Annual Meeting Agenda
- May 2016 report to ALCTS chair
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee, Conference Call Agenda 2016-02-29
- ALA Midwinter 2016 Meeting Notes
- ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee Midwinter Meeting
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee consists of 9 voting members. Four members are appointed by ALCTS and four members are appointed by LITA. RUSA appoints one voting liaison. Two co-chairs are appointed by ALCTS and LITA, one from each division.
The ALCTS/LITA Metadata Standards Committee was established in 2012.