Communicate & Connect
The American Library Association provides numerous opportunities for its members and friends to share ideas, collaborate on projects, and learn from each other. The major vehicles are, of course, the Annual Conference and the Midwinter Meeting, as well as several smaller and more focused events throughout the year. In between and throughout the year, however, we offer the following means:
- ALA Connect is a centralized space where official ALA groups and member communities of all types can work together online.
- AL Direct is American Libraries Magazine's email newsletter, freely available to members and all who wish to subscribe.
- The American Library Association and its member groups continue to use electronic discussion lists for interactive communications.
- The American Library Association as represented by its committees, divisions, and offices engages in conversations in the major social media fora. The ReadWriteConnect wiki gathers the lists of these, by type.
- Although ALA Island in Second Life has been closed, the Association continues to have a presence in this virtual world.