COL Subcommittee on Telecommunications
To develop policy recommendations and other strategies for the committee on legislation on a broad range of telecommunications issues and legislation including general access issues, e-rate, broadband deployment and municipal ownership, internet access, and related issues. This subcommittee is being reconstituted and will be working closely with the OITP telecommunications committee.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Answers to Common Questions about the E-Rate Modernization Proposal to Get Wi-Fi in ALL Schools and Libraries
- FCC Report: Modernizing E-Rate: Providing 21st Century Wi-Fi Networks For Schools and Libraries across America
- US Telecom comments to Modernizing E-Rate
- Committee on Legislation (ALA) / Joint Telecommunications Subcommittee Meeting (ALA OITP)
- AGENDA: Joint OITP/OGR Tecomm meeting @ALA Midwinter, Jan. 22 @ 4:- 5:30 p.m. (DCC-D161)
- NYTimes: FCC’s net neutrality rules to trigger legal, Hill challenge
- ALA supports broadband build-out to rural libraries in Universal Service Reform
- House passes measure to repeal net neutrality
- Washington Office releases summary on FCC’s network neutrality order
- Eshoo voted ranking member of telecom panel
The COL Subcommittee on Telecommunications consists of 15 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by the chair.