COL Subcommittee on Telecommunications
To develop policy recommendations and other strategies for the committee on legislation on a broad range of telecommunications issues and legislation including general access issues, e-rate, broadband deployment and municipal ownership, internet access, and related issues. This subcommittee is being reconstituted and will be working closely with the OITP telecommunications committee.
Michelle Kathleen Dunaway (Member, July 15, 2013, to July 15, 2014)
Ms. Megan Hodge (Member, July 15, 2013, to July 15, 2014)
Dr. John Jentz (Member, July 15, 2013, to July 15, 2014)
Mrs. Debra Kay Logan (Member, July 15, 2013, to July 15, 2014)
Ms. Catherine Helen Michael (Member, July 15, 2013, to July 15, 2014)
David J. Nutty (Member, July 15, 2013, to July 15, 2014)
Rosalind Reynolds (Staff, July 1, 2014, to July 1, 2015)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2014. Last retrieved on 09/03/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Answers to Common Questions about the E-Rate Modernization Proposal to Get Wi-Fi in ALL Schools and Libraries
- FCC Report: Modernizing E-Rate: Providing 21st Century Wi-Fi Networks For Schools and Libraries across America
- US Telecom comments to Modernizing E-Rate
- Committee on Legislation (ALA) / Joint Telecommunications Subcommittee Meeting (ALA OITP)
- AGENDA: Joint OITP/OGR Tecomm meeting @ALA Midwinter, Jan. 22 @ 4:- 5:30 p.m. (DCC-D161)
- NYTimes: FCC’s net neutrality rules to trigger legal, Hill challenge
- ALA supports broadband build-out to rural libraries in Universal Service Reform
- House passes measure to repeal net neutrality
- Washington Office releases summary on FCC’s network neutrality order
- Eshoo voted ranking member of telecom panel
The COL Subcommittee on Telecommunications consists of 15 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by the chair.