Subcommittee on Grassroots Advocacy
To develop and propose strategies for COL to involve library supporters in grassroots lobbying in support of ALA's federal legislative and policy agenda and the related work of COL; to collaborate with the legislation assembly and other ALA units to maximize grassroots lobbying from all parts of the association; to support and assist in maintaining the national grassroots advocacy network to maximize ALA's effectiveness; and, to perform other tasks as requested by the ALA committee on legislation.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Notes from Nov. 5 Call
- 4-17 Call Notes
- Grassroots Meetings in Chicago-2013 Annual
- 3-6 Call Notes
- Notes from Midwinter '13 Meetings
- 1-16 Call Notes
- Tele Town Hall FAQ
- Working Groups of the Grassroots Subcommittee
- Information from the Social Media Work Group
- Minutes from Sat & Sun Grassroots Meetings at 2012 Annual
The Subcommittee on Grassroots Advocacy consists of members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by the chair.