COL Subcommittee on Government Information
To develop policy recommendations and other strategies for the committee on legislation on various aspects of government information policy and procedures vital to the well-being of library services and the American public, including the creation, organization, dissemination, access, use, preservation of and permanent public access to public information, and assist the committee on legislation with appropriate communications strategies.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- GPO Hearing
- ALA seeks nominations for 2014 James Madison awards
- GIS Mtg. at MW 2014
- FDLP Discussion
- GIS / GODORT Leg. Committee Joint Mtg. at MW 2014
- Oppose bill language that would hamper public access!
- Letter regarding the government shutdown sent to the Public Printer
- The government is open!
- FDL Council Fall meeting is rescheduled for Spring 2014
- Federal Depository Libraries and the Affordable Care Act
The COL Subcommittee on Government Information consists of 13 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by the chair.