COL Subcommittee on Government Information
To develop policy recommendations and other strategies for the committee on legislation on various aspects of government information policy and procedures vital to the well-being of library services and the American public, including the creation, organization, dissemination, access, use, preservation of and permanent public access to public information, and assist the committee on legislation with appropriate communications strategies.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Annual GIS Agendas
- An interesting program at Annual...
- Resolutions for Annual 2013
- Good news! House Administration Rejects Recommendation to Charge Public for Access to Legislative Documents
- New Executive Order will increase government transparency
- ALA Annual Meeting Room
- GPO and Sequestration
- House Subcommittee on Legislative Branch Appropriations hearing on GPO
- Midwinter agendas
- MW2013 GIS meeting
The COL Subcommittee on Government Information consists of 13 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by the chair.