COL Subcommittee on Government Information
To develop policy recommendations and other strategies for the committee on legislation on various aspects of government information policy and procedures vital to the well-being of library services and the American public, including the creation, organization, dissemination, access, use, preservation of and permanent public access to public information, and assist the committee on legislation with appropriate communications strategies.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- FDsys has reached one billion retrievals!
- Update from Washington...
- Madison and Cooke Awards
- GPO's Webinar: “U.S. Courts Opinions: An FDsys Collection,”
- GPO Approps hearing
- FOIA bill passed the House!
- COL report to Council at Midwinter 2014
- Letter to Director of OSTP
- World News Connection Letter
- an updated version of the government shutdown resolution
The COL Subcommittee on Government Information consists of 13 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by the chair.