COL Subcommittee on Copyright
To serve as liaison with ALA divisions and other units and other library organizations, to receive information, serve as a sounding board and relay information to the committee on legislation on the various aspects of the copyright law and related technology issues.
Adam Eisgrau (Staff, September 1, 2014, to September 1, 2020)
Jessica McGilvray (Staff, July 15, 2013, to September 1, 2020)
Rosalind Reynolds (Staff, July 1, 2014, to July 1, 2020)
Carrie Russell (Staff, September 1, 2014, to September 1, 2020)
Emily Sheketoff (Staff, July 31, 2012, to July 31, 2016)
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/02/2015. Last retrieved on 09/02/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Issa-Maloney statement on the Research Works Act
- Music copyright law
- Link to "Commentary, reporting on the GSU copyright lawsuit, trial"
- ALA signs on to Golan v. Holder amicus brief to the Supreme Court
- ALA signs on to Vernor v. Autodesk amicus brief to the Supreme Court
- Report to Council from the Google Book Task Force
- Pamela Samuelson's Legislative Alternatives to the Google Book Settlement
- Post-ALA 2011 Annual Conference follow-up
- Maria Pallante Appointed 12th Register of Copyrights
- What's at Stake in the Georgia State Copyright Case (Chronicle of Higher Ed - Chronicle Review)
The Subcommittee on Copyright consists of 25 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by a subcommittee chair.