COL Subcommittee on Copyright
To serve as liaison with ALA divisions and other units and other library organizations, to receive information, serve as a sounding board and relay information to the committee on legislation on the various aspects of the copyright law and related technology issues.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Issa-Maloney statement on the Research Works Act
- Music copyright law
- Link to "Commentary, reporting on the GSU copyright lawsuit, trial"
- ALA signs on to Golan v. Holder amicus brief to the Supreme Court
- ALA signs on to Vernor v. Autodesk amicus brief to the Supreme Court
- Report to Council from the Google Book Task Force
- Pamela Samuelson's Legislative Alternatives to the Google Book Settlement
- Post-ALA 2011 Annual Conference follow-up
- Maria Pallante Appointed 12th Register of Copyrights
- What's at Stake in the Georgia State Copyright Case (Chronicle of Higher Ed - Chronicle Review)
The Subcommittee on Copyright consists of 25 members appointed from the membership at large, serving 1 year terms and led by a subcommittee chair.