ALA/SAA/AAM Committee on Archives, Libraries, and Museums (CALM)
*To foster and develop ways and means of effecting closer cooperation among the organizations;
*encourage the establishment of common standards;
*undertake such activities as are assigned to the committee by either of its parent bodies;
*initiate programs of a relevant and timely nature at the annual meetings of one or more parent bodies either through direct Combined Committee sponsorship or by forwarding particular program plans to the appropriate unit of one or more parent bodies for action; and
*refer matters of common concern to appropriate committees of ALA, SAA or AAM.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2012. Last retrieved on 03/08/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
CALM wiki developed by members of the 2008 Emerging Leaders team.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- CALM Committee Information Report, Midwinter 2014
- Minutes from CALM Meeting, ALA Midwinter 2014
- CALM Agenda - ALA Midwinter 2014
- CALM Minutes - SAA Annual Conference 2013
- CALM Minutes - ALA Annual Conference 2013
- CALM Committee Update Form - ALA Annual Conference 2013
- CALM ALA Annual 2013 Agenda
- Minutes from CALM Meeting at ALA Midwinter, 1-27-2013
- Minutes from ALA 06-24-2012
- Minutes from SAA 2012-08-08
The membership consists of fifteen members, five from each association. Co-chairs appointed by each association biennally for two-year terms.
ALA/SAA/AAM Committee on Archives, Libraries, and Museums - Joint Committee of Three Organizations
CALM, the Committee on Archives, Libraries, and Museums, is a joint committee of the American Library Association (ALA), the Society of American Archivists (SAA), and the American Association of Museums (AAM).