ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ITTS Strategic Directions 1014-2017 Technology Directions Report Update to the ALA Executive Board
- Are you attending the ALA WAC meeting at ALA Annual? Meeting Info: Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA); Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm; Las Vegas Convention Center, Rm: N209; http://ala14.ala.org/node/14487
- Draft 2014 Annual Website Advisory Cmte Agenda and Minutes
- ITTS Report to WAC, June 2014
- Help me build a Connect survey
- Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA)
- Testing email INTO Connect groups
- ALA Strategic Technology Directions: 2014-2017
- 2014 MW ALA Web Advisory Committee Report
- Report on ALA Connect Usage
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee