ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (ACRL Representative, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Mr. Steven W. Pryor, II (Member, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Jennifer L. Peters (Intern, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2016. Last retrieved on 08/30/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Sympa List Management Problem
- ALA WAC Annual Meeting Minutes, June 28, 2015 (Draft)
- 2015 Annual ITTS Report to WAC
- Agenda for ALA Annual Meeting, June 28, 2015
- Meeting Minutes from May 4, 2015 Virtual Meeting (Draft)
- Please Review & Comment on Responsive Redesign Prototype/New Homepage for ala.org.
- RFP is live
- Draft ALA Connect RFP
- Agenda for May 4 Virtual Meeting (11a-12p PST)
- Need your input to write an RFP for a new ALA Connect ASAP
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee