ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Ronald Block (Chair, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016)
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (Chair, July 1, 2014, to July 31, 2015)
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (ACRL Representative, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Ronald Block (Member, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016)
Mrs. Shannon McClintock Miller (Member, July 1, 2013, to July 31, 2015)
Mr. Steven W. Pryor, II (Member, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
David S. Vess (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Mr. Brian K. Auger (PLA Representative, July 1, 2013, to July 31, 2015)
Peggy Barber (United For Libraries Representative, September 10, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Nancy M. Bolt (ASCLA Representative, December 30, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Ms. Erin E. Boyd (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Ms. Ariel Cummins (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2013, to July 31, 2015)
Betsy Fraser (ALSC Representative, January 20, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Ms. Margaret Heller (LITA Representative, July 1, 2013, to July 31, 2015)
Erin Rushton (RUSA Representative, September 10, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Liza Lereese Booker (Intern, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Jennifer L. Peters (Intern, July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2017)
Mr. Samuel David Suber (Intern, July 1, 2014, to July 31, 2015)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2015. Last retrieved on 07/01/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2015 Annual ITTS Report to WAC
- Agenda for ALA Annual Meeting, June 28, 2015
- Meeting Minutes from May 4, 2015 Virtual Meeting (Draft)
- Please Review & Comment on Responsive Redesign Prototype/New Homepage for ala.org.
- RFP is live
- Draft ALA Connect RFP
- Agenda for May 4 Virtual Meeting (11a-12p PST)
- Need your input to write an RFP for a new ALA Connect ASAP
- On Tuesday, April 7th, ALA Connect will be down
- BluuBeam at ALA conferences for accessibility
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee