ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Mrs. Shannon McClintock Miller (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Mrs. Catherine L. Nelson (AASL Representative, June 30, 2012, to July 30, 2014)
Erin Rushton (Intern, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2015)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2015)
Ms. Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2015)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2015)
Karen Muller (Staff, June 30, 2009, to June 30, 2015)
Kerry Ward (LLAMA Representative, June 30, 2012, to July 1, 2014)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2014. Last retrieved on 05/21/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Please help publicize Connect survey
- ALA WAC Minutes from 2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting
- ITTS Report to WAC, January 2013
- WAC Agenda for Midwinter 2013, Seattle
- 2013 Annual Conference Registration -- Accessibility
- Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA)
- Neet beta testers for ALA Connect Drupal 7 upgrade
- How should ALA display names on ala.org and Connect?
- 2012 ALA Conference Scheduler Summaries
- ALA Connect Statistics for FY12
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee