ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (Chair, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015)
Mrs. Shannon McClintock Miller (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
David S. Vess (Member, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Mr. Brian K. Auger (PLA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Peggy Barber (United For Libraries Representative, September 10, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Nancy M. Bolt (ASCLA Representative, December 30, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Ms. Erin E. Boyd (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Ms. Ariel Cummins (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Betsy Fraser (ALSC Representative, January 20, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Ms. Margaret Heller (LITA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Erin Rushton (RUSA Representative, September 10, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Liza Lereese Booker (Intern, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2016)
Mr. Samuel David Suber (Intern, July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2015)
Mr. Simon J.M. Healey (Accessibility Forum Chair, July 1, 2013, to June 20, 2015)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Ms. Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/28/2015. Last retrieved on 02/28/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Agenda for March 2 Virtual Meeting (11a-12p PST)
- Draft Minutes from Virtual ALA Midwinder Meeting, Feb. 9, 2015
- PLA's Getting Started in ALA Connect page
- Talking Points from ALA Executive Board Liaison
- Subcommittee Rosters and Charges
- Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA)
- ITTS Report to WAC, January 2015
- Agenda for Virtual 2015 Midwinter Meeting (Feb. 9)
- Feb. 9 Virtual Meeting will replace 2015 Midwinter Meeting
- Are you able to attend the WAC meeting at ALA Midwinter? Meeting Info: Sunday, Feb. 1, 2015 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm; McCormick Place West - Rm W182
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee