ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
David S. Vess (Chair, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
Robert E. Banks (Executive Board Liaison, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
Ms. Veronica Arellano Douglas (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. Shannon McClintock Miller (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Mr. Brian K. Auger (PLA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Ms. Erin E. Boyd (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Ms. Ariel Cummins (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Margaret Heller (LITA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Courtney Greene McDonald (RUSA Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. Catherine L. Nelson (AASL Representative, June 30, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Ruth Newell (United For Libraries Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. BJ McCracken (Intern, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Erin Rushton (Intern, July 1, 2013, to September 10, 2014)
Mr. Simon J.M. Healey (Accessibility Forum Chair, July 1, 2013, to June 20, 2015)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (ACRL Rep, ALA Website Advisory Committee, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
Kerry Ward (LLAMA Representative, June 30, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 09/30/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Annual 2016 Meeting Minutes
- ALA Annual Meeting 2016 Meeting Room Change
- ALA Annual Meeting 2016 Agenda
- 2016 Annual Conference ITTS Report to WAC
- Midwinter 2016 Meeting Minutes
- 2016 Midwinter ITTS Report to WAC
- Draft Agenda for ALAMW Meeting
- WAC Updates
- Revised ALA Responsive Redesign Comp Available as Image File
- Virtual WAC Meeting Recording for October 30, 2015
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 16 members, with two-year, staggered terms. Includes a chairperson appointed annually. Classification of the 16 members:
- 1 member from each of the 11 divisions, to be selected by the appointing officer of the divisions
- 1 member selected by the Round Table Coordinating Committee rotated among the round tables
- 1 member selected by the Publishing Committee
- 2 members-at-large selected by the appointing officer
- The chair of the ASCLA Accessibility Assembly is an ex officio member
The primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee