ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
David S. Vess (Chair, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
Robert E. Banks (Executive Board Liaison, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
Ms. Veronica Arellano Douglas (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. Shannon McClintock Miller (Member, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Mr. Brian K. Auger (PLA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Ms. Erin E. Boyd (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Ms. Ariel Cummins (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Ms. Margaret Heller (LITA Representative, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Courtney Greene McDonald (RUSA Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. Catherine L. Nelson (AASL Representative, June 30, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Ruth Newell (United For Libraries Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. BJ McCracken (Intern, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Erin Rushton (Intern, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2015)
Mr. Simon J.M. Healey (Accessibility Forum Chair, July 1, 2013, to June 20, 2015)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2015)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2015)
Ms. Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2015)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2015)
Mr. John Morris Jackson, II (ACRL Rep, ALA Website Advisory Committee, July 1, 2013, to June 30, 2014)
Kerry Ward (LLAMA Representative, June 30, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 08/01/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Are you attending the ALA WAC meeting at ALA Annual? Meeting Info: Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA); Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm; Las Vegas Convention Center, Rm: N209; http://ala14.ala.org/node/14487
- Draft 2014 Annual Website Advisory Cmte Agenda and Minutes
- ITTS Report to WAC, June 2014
- Help me build a Connect survey
- Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA)
- Testing email INTO Connect groups
- ALA Strategic Technology Directions: 2014-2017
- 2014 MW ALA Web Advisory Committee Report
- Report on ALA Connect Usage
- Council Resolution Regarding Website
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee