ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Mr. Aaron W. Dobbs (Chair, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
Robert E. Banks (Executive Board Liaison, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
Ms. Veronica Arellano Douglas (Member, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Rene J. Erlandson (Member, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Ms. Erin E. Boyd (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mr. Nate Hill (PLA Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
Travis Jonker (ALSC Representative, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Courtney Greene McDonald (RUSA Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Mrs. Catherine L. Nelson (AASL Representative, June 30, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Ruth Newell (United For Libraries Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Dr. Wendy Steadman Stephens (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
David S. Vess (LITA Representative, January 25, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
Mrs. BJ McCracken (Intern, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Ms. Deborah Gail Simmons (Intern, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Mr. Simon J.M. Healey (Accessibility Forum Chair, January 10, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Ms. Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Karen Muller (Staff, June 30, 2009, to June 30, 2013)
Christopher T. Jones (ACRL Rep, ALA Website Advisory Committee, July 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013)
Kerry Ward (LLAMA Representative, June 30, 2012, to June 30, 2014)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2012. Last retrieved on 03/29/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- BluuBeam at ALA conferences for accessibility
- Does your unit/division have an ALA Connect "Getting Started" document?
- Agenda for March 2 Virtual Meeting (11a-12p PST)
- Draft Minutes from Virtual ALA Midwinder Meeting, Feb. 9, 2015
- PLA's Getting Started in ALA Connect page
- Talking Points from ALA Executive Board Liaison
- Subcommittee Rosters and Charges
- Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA)
- ITTS Report to WAC, January 2015
- Agenda for Virtual 2015 Midwinter Meeting (Feb. 9)
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee