ALA Website Advisory Committee (WAC)
- To develop, review and recommend to council association policies for the ALA website.
- To recommend editorial or structural guidelines for the ALA website.
- To provide advice to the ALA executive director responsible for implementing such policies and guidelines.
- To provide an ongoing channel for member communication by working closely with other units, committees and offices of the association.
- To make recommendations concerning technical issues or changes to the ALA website, including evaluating, testing and implementing web-based products and services used by association members or by the public.
- To advise the association on priorities and strategies that promote utilization and continued development of the ALA website.
Mr. Aaron W. Dobbs (Chair, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012)
Kathy L. Magarrell (ACRL Representative, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012)
Rene J. Erlandson (Member, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Dora T. Ho (Executive Board Liaison, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012)
Vicki D. Bloom (RUSA Representative, July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2012)
Elizabeth A. Burns (ASCLA Representative, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012)
Mr. Matthew D. Hamilton (LITA Representative, July 1, 2010, to January 24, 2012)
Marsha A. Iverson (LLAMA Representative, July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2012)
Travis Jonker (ALSC Representative, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Susan E. Marcin (ALCTS Representative, July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2012)
Jessica Sullenberger (YALSA Representative, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012)
Ms. Jeanna Walker (AASL Representative, July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2012)
David Wasserman (PLA Representative, July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2012)
Carol Perruso (Publishing Representative, June 15, 2011, to May 31, 2012)
Ms. Deborah Gail Simmons (Intern, July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Mr. Simon J.M. Healey (Accessibility Forum Chair, January 10, 2011, to June 30, 2013)
Sherri L. Vanyek (Staff Liaison, July 1, 2002, to June 30, 2020)
Ms. Mary W. Ghikas (Staff, June 30, 2009, to July 1, 2020)
Ms. Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MSLIS (Staff, December 1, 2008, to June 30, 2020)
Jenny I. Levine (Staff, March 13, 2009, to June 30, 2020)
Karen Muller (Staff, June 30, 2009, to June 30, 2013)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 11/22/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Midwinter session about the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Agenda for Nov. 19 Virtual Meeting
- Please Review (and ammend or approve) Minutes from ALA Annual 2014
- Correction: Virtual Meeting, Wednesday, Nov. 19 at 1p-2p PST/ 4p-5p EST
- Sympa Mailing List Email Address Change
- ITTS Strategic Directions 1014-2017 Technology Directions Report Update to the ALA Executive Board
- Midterm Check In: What's Going on in Your Divisions?
- Are you attending the ALA WAC meeting at ALA Annual? Meeting Info: Website Advisory Committee Meeting (ALA); Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 3:00pm to 5:00pm; Las Vegas Convention Center, Rm: N209; http://ala14.ala.org/node/14487
- Draft 2014 Annual Website Advisory Cmte Agenda and Minutes
- ITTS Report to WAC, June 2014
The Website Advisory Committee consists of 15 members serving two year terms.
Eleven member representatives are designated by their respective divisions. The round table representative is appointed by the Round Table Coordinating Committee, and the Publishing Committee also appoints a representative. Two members at large complete the committee roster.
WAC is led by a chair, appointed annually from the committee's membership by the appointing officer (incoming ALA president).
Primary staff liaison is the director of ITTS.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
WAC Content Management Recognition Subcommittee
WAC Event Planner Subcommittee
WAC Strategic Plan Subcommittee