Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services Advisory Committee
The Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services (ODLOS) Advisory Committee provides advice and support to the ODLOS on the areas of diversity, literacy and outreach. The Advisory Committee is comprised of member groups that represent diverse viewpoints and constituents and will provide a two way forum to communicate member needs to ODLOS and for the Office to share information with member groups. The Advisory Committee members will offer dynamic perspectives to help guide the strategic direction of ODLOS, will assess program effectiveness, encourage the exploration of new ideas and initiatives, and strengthen the growth of equity and inclusion within the American Library Association and the profession as a whole. Members are appointed to the ODLOS Advisory Committee through recommendations from the Presidents/Chairs of the stakeholder committees and organizations, with an additional three members appointed by the ALA President-elect.
Displaying active committee roster as of 02/25/2017. Last retrieved on 02/25/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ODLOS Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes 2.22.2017
- ODLOS Advisory Committee February Meeting
- Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services (ODLOS) Town Hall Meeting
- Dec. 15 Meeting Minutes
- Dec. ODLOS AC Mtg.
- Nov. 18 Meeting Minutes/Notes
- Nov. ODLOS AC Mtg.
- Pulse of our Groups Subcommittee Survey to post on listservs is now live until 11/11/16, please distribute!
- Midwinter ODLOS All-Committee & Advisory Committee Meetings
- ODLOS Meeting Notes from 10.14.16
ODLOS Advisory Committee is made up of 1 representative each from identified affiliates, ODLOS committees and subcommittees (ex-officio positions), round tables, with three member-at-large positions appointed by the President-Elect. Affiliates and Round Tables will select their own member representative. The breakdown is as follows:
- American Indian Library Association (AILA)
- Asian Pacific Librarians Association (APALA)
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA)
- Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA)
- REFORMA (the national association to promote library and information services to Latinos and the Spanish speaking)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Round Table (GLBTRT)
- Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)
- Ethnic & Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT)
- Social Responsibilities Round Table (SRRT)
- Sustainability Round Table (SustainRT)
- Association of Bookmobile & Outreach Services (ABOS)
- Association for Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL)
- Committee on Literacy (COL)--Chair will serve (ex officio)
- Rural, Native and Tribal Libraries of All Kinds (RNTLOAK) Committee—Chair will serve (ex officio)
- Committee on Diversity (COD) Chair will serve (ex officio)
- Spectrum Advisory Committee (SAC, subcommittee of ODLOS Advisory Committee--Chair will serve (ex officio)
- Diversity Research Grants Advisory Committee (DRGADV, subcommittee of ODLOS Advisory Committee--Chair will serve (ex officio)
- 3 Members-at Large positions
All voting members will have two-year staggered terms, with a chairperson appointed annually by the ALA President-elect in consultation with the Advisory Committee members. Ex-Officio Committee Chairs are appointed for terms aligned with their term as Chair.
Subcommittees & Task Forces
- Diversity Research Grants Advisory Committee - subcommittee
- Spectrum Advisory Committee - subcommittee
- Task Force on Dr. Jean E. Coleman Lecture - selected from voting members
- Task Force on the Diversity and Outreach Fair - selected from voting members
- Subcommittee on Bookmobiles
- Subcommittee on Library Services to Native Americans
- Subcommittee on Library Services to the Poor and Homeless
- Subcommittee on Older Adults
Jody Gray, Director
ALA Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
800-545-2433, ext. 5295 | email@example.com