Diversity Council, a subcommittee of the Committee on Diversity
The Diversity Council is charged to fulfill the following roles: (1) Diversity Council will provide a forum to communicate the needs and concerns of the above groups to COD, and thus to the ALA Council; (2) To bring together the constituent groups for mutual support in recognition of their similar goals and missions and to promote their common interests; and (3) To recommend to COD strategic actions and initiatives contributing to the diversification of leadership within the ALA and the profession, thus reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve, and to support the programs and activities of COD toward this end.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 03/05/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2014 Diversity Council list of candidates for ALA Council
- Diversity Council list of candidates for ALA Council, President-elect, & Treasurer
- Program Proposal for ALA Annual/Possible agenda item at Midwinter?
- Committee on Diversity All Sub-Committee Business Meeting (ALA)
- Midwinter 2012 Diversity Council Agenda
- Committee on Diversity All Sub-Committee Business Meeting I (ALA)
- Diversity Council Business Meeting in conjunction with Committee on Diversity All Subcommittee Meeting - MW 2011
- DiversiTEA: Diversity Research Discussion
- Agenda - Diversity Council - 2009 Midwinter Business Meeting
- Agenda - Diversity Council - 2008 Annual Business Meeting
Members are appointed to Diversity Council by the Committee on Diversity (COD) Chair, with recommendations from the Presidents/Chairs of the stakeholder committees and organizations. These groups include the American Indian Library Association (AILA), Asian Pacific American Librarians Association (APALA), Black Caucus of the American Library Association (BCALA), Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA), The National Association to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-Speaking (REFORMA), Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender Round Table (GLBTRT), and The Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies Libraries (ASCLA).