ALA Chapter Relations Committee (CRC)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2013. Last retrieved on 05/23/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- The ALA and Chapters Partnership (explains the ALA and Chapters partnership/relationship)
- ALA and Chapters and ALA Conferences and Meetings (explains the special business relationship between the ALA Chapters and ALA)
- ALA Connect is a centralized space where official ALA groups can work together online.
- Chapter Issues are where Chapters share with each other how they address issues.
- Chapter Councilors represent state chapters on the ALA Council. There is no current regional chapter representation.
- Chapter Leaders Forum, presented by the ALA Chapter Relations Committee at each ALA Midwinter and Annual, provides a great opportunity for Chapter Leaders (especially incoming leaders) to meet together and prepares them to lead their associations.
- ALA’s Conference Planning Calendar includes chapter conferences. To have your ALA Chapter, ALA Affiliates, and Division Conferences, Institutes, or Workshops included in this calendar, please contact Don Wood, Chapter Relations Office, with the dates and location.
- Helping United States Libraries After Disasters provides informaiton on how to help states after disasters.
- Joint Membership Program provides how to offer joint student memberships with the American Library Association and partnering Chapters.
- The Select ALA Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference Schedule for Chapters lists CRO and CRC meetings, events, and programs during these annual conferences.
- State of the Chapter Annual Report are snapshot reports (All State of the Chapter Reports) that help Chapters and ALA assess the health and vitality of state and regional library associations (see also The ALA and Chapters Partnership).
- See also
Information and resources related to the Chapter Relations Office.
Information and resources for and about Chapters.
Chapter Councilor Answers
Information and resources for and about ALA Chapter Councilors.
Student Chapter Answers
Information and resources for and about ALA Student Chapters.
Free webinars on advocacy, Chapter leaders orientation, Money Smart Week, and more.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- ALA Strategic Directions
- Three draft Interpretations of the Library Bill of Rights: Your Feedback Appreciated by May 1
- Chapter Relations Committee 2017 Midwinter Meeting Agenda
- Chapter Relations Committee 2016 Annual Conference Agenda
- About the Chapter Relations Committee, 2015-2016
- International Council of Library Association Executives (ICLAE)
- Chapter Relations Committee I
- Chapter Leaders Forum
- Chapter Councilors Forum
- Chapter Relations Committee II
Eleven (11) Members, which includes the Chair. To be eligible to be a member of the Chapter Relations Committee, an individual must be an ALA member who is also a member of an ALA Chapter or Divisional Affiliate. In addition, eight (8) of the eleven (11) members should have state library association (Chapter) leadership or committee experience.
Chapter Leaders Forum
The Chapter Leaders Forum, presented by the ALA Chapter Relations Committee at each ALA Midwinter and Annual, provides a great opportunity for Chapter Leaders (especially incoming leaders) to meet together and prepares them to lead their association. The forum presents topics of interest to chapter leaders, including association management, advocacy, conference planning, social media, and membership development and retention.