ALA Chapter Relations Committee (CRC)
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 01/20/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- The ALA and Chapters Partnership (explains the ALA and Chapters partnership/relationship)
- ALA and Chapters and ALA Conferences and Meetings (explains the special business relationship between the ALA Chapters and ALA)
- ALA Connect is a centralized space where official ALA groups can work together online.
- Chapter Answers leads to explanations on how the ALA and ALA Chapters partnership works and provides easy access to ALA resources for Chapters.
- Chapter Issues are where Chapters share with each other how they address issues.
- Chapter Councilors represent state chapters on the ALA Council. There is no current regional chapter representation.
- Chapter Leaders Forum, presented by the ALA Chapter Relations Committee at each ALA Midwinter and Annual, provides a great opportunity for Chapter Leaders (especially incoming leaders) to meet together and prepares them to lead their associations (see also What ALA Does for Chapters).
- ALA’s Conference Planning Calendar includes chapter conferences. To have your ALA Chapter, ALA Affiliates, and Division Conferences, Institutes, or Workshops included in this calendar, please contact Don Wood, Chapter Relations Office, with the dates and location.
- Helping United States Libraries After Disasters provides informaiton on how to help states after disasters.
- Joint Membership Program provides how to offer the three categories of joint memberships with the American Library Association.
- The Select ALA Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference Schedule for Chapters lists CRO and CRC meetings, events, and programs during these annual conferences.
- State of the Chapter Annual Report are snapshot reports (All State of the Chapter Reports) that help Chapters and ALA assess the health and vitality of state and regional library associations (see also The ALA and Chapters Partnership).
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Chapter Relations Committee 2017 Midwinter Meeting Agenda
- Chapter Relations Committee 2016 Annual Conference Agenda
- About the Chapter Relations Committee, 2015-2016
- Chapter Councilors Forum
- International Council of Library Association Executives (ICLAE)
- Chapter Leaders Forum
- Chapter Relations Committee II
- Chapter Relations Committee I
- Chapter Relations Committee 2015 Annual Conference Agenda
- New to ALA Connect? Here's How to Get Started!
Eleven (11) Members, which includes the Chair. To be eligible to be a member of the Chapter Relations Committee, an individual must be an ALA member who is also a member of an ALA Chapter or Divisional Affiliate. In addition, eight (8) of the eleven (11) members should have state library association (Chapter) leadership or committee experience.
Chapter Leaders Forum
The Chapter Leaders Forum, presented by the ALA Chapter Relations Committee at each ALA Midwinter and Annual, provides a great opportunity for Chapter Leaders (especially incoming leaders) to meet together and prepares them to lead their association. The forum presents topics of interest to chapter leaders, including association management, advocacy, conference planning, social media, and membership development and retention.