Committee on Organization (COO)
To advise and assist regarding structural and organizational concerns in ALA. To recommend to council the establishment or discontinuance of divisions, round tables, membership initiative groups, ALA committees, assemblies and joint committees, as the needs of the association may require. To define the functions of these units, subject to the approval of council. To recommend to council the establishment, including the name and size, of other standing committees to consider matters of the association that require continuity of attention by the members. To recommend to executive board the appropriate unit to appoint official representatives to outside organizations. To receive notification of the formation of interdivisional committees.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- COO Annual Conference 2014 report
- ALA COO document handling
- Lifespan of Membership Initiative Groups
- COO Meetings at 2104 Annual Conference
- Committee on Organization Meeting I (ALA)
- Committee on Organization Meeting II (ALA)
- Librarians Build Communities Membership Initiative Group
- COO Report from 2014 Midwinter Meeting
- COO in the news
- COO Meetings in Philadelphia
The Committee on Organization consists of 13 members for two-year staggered terms; chairperson appointed annually.