The Legislation Committee:
• identifies issues requiring legislative action;
• prepares or advises on resolutions for the membership, Steering Committee, task forces and committees;
• assists the ALA Washington Office on issues affecting federal government legislation; and
• assists and coordinates legislative action with other ALA bodies.
Further content is located on the GODORT Wiki.
"How to Use the Federal FOI (Freedom of Information) Act" (Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, 9th edition, 2004)
"Justice Department Guide to the Freedom of Information Act" (U.S. Department of Justice, May 2004)
National Action Alert Network Guidelines -- from the GODORT Policies and Procedures Manual -- The NAAN is activated when immediate action needs to be taken on legislation.
Important Legislation/Issues in the Current Congress (110th)
Congressional Research Service Clamps Down on Public Distribution (March 22, 2007)
Important Legislation/Issues from Past Congresses can be found here
- GPO Office of Congressional Relations
- Joint Committee on Printing (JCP)
- American Library Association
- American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Special Libraries Association (SLA)
- U.S. National Commission on Libraries and Information Science