The GLBT Round Table is governed by an elected executive board.
The executive board will:
- provide oversight and long-term planning for the round table, including: goal-setting, programs, projects, activities, and publications;
- conduct and review all business between membership meetings;
- carry out the formal decisions of membership;
- review and approve an annual round table budget;
- report activities to membership through round table communication channels; and
- make recommendations to membership by all round table communication channels.
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/22/2014. Last retrieved on 07/22/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
More about the duties of the board and committee chairs can be found in the GLBTRT Leadership Responsibilities document.
Board Liaisons to GLBTRT Committees
Directors-at-large committee liaison assignments are listed on the Board Committee Liaison Roster.
- GLBTRT board meetings are held the second Friday of every month 10 to 11 a.m. central time by conference call.
- Any ALA members are encouraged to attend.
- Watch the GLBTRT email list for agendas and conference call information.
- The board maintains an agenda item parking lot list. Watch this list to see what the board is working on. The parking lot also contains information on how to pose an agenda item for a board meeting.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- GLBTRT Councilor's report, Annual 2014
- 2014 ALA Annual GLBTRT Executive Board Meeting Agenda & Notes
- DRAFT 2014-06 GLBTRT Executive Board Meeting Agenda & Notes
- Executive Board Meeting (GLBTRT)
- 2014-05 GLBTRT Executive Board Meeting Agenda & Notes
- DRAFT 2014-03 GLBTRT Executive Board Meeting Agenda & Notes
- 2014-02 GLBTRT Executive Board Meeting Agenda & Notes
- GLBTRT Councilor's report, MidWinter 2014
- Treasurer's Report Midwinter 2014
- 2014 Midwinter Meeting Executive Board Agenda and Notes
The GLBTRT Executive Board consists of elected officers and directors-at-large. Board members are elected by the round table membership during ALA elections annual in the Spring. Officers begin and end terms immediately at the close of ALA Annual Conferences.
The round table elects:
- a chair annually (serves a three year cycle as: chair-elect; chair; past-chair);
- a secretary every two years in even-numbered years (two-year term);
- a treasurer every two years in odd-numbered years (two-year term);
- directors-at-large annually; (two elected in odd-numbered years and three elected in even-numbered years) (two-year terms); and
- a round table councilor every three years (2013, 2016, etc.).
Subcommittees & Task Forces
- Executive Board Elections Committee
- Executive Board Bylaws Committee
- Local Arrangements Ad hoc Committees for GLBTRT Socials
- GLBTRT Resources Ad hoc Committee (active January 2012 to January 2013)
- GLBTRT Revised Bylaws Implementation Task Force Final Report (active Spring 2011)
- GLBTRT Bylaws & Procedure Manual Ad hoc Committee (active 2009 - 2011)
The GLBT Round Table Executive Board began at the close of the 2012 ALA Annual Conference. During the 2011 ALA election, GLBTRT members adopted bylaws created by the GLBTRT Bylaws & Procedure Manual Ad hoc Committee. The new language specified a board would become the governing body of the organization, replacing the steering committee. Amendments to the pre-2011 election bylaws are captured in "Revised 2011 Election" at the bottom of the bylaws page. Prior to the board, the round table was lead by the GLBTRT Steering Committee. The committee consisted of elected officers (co-chairs of differing gender identities, treasurer, and secretary) and committee chairs. The new bylaws took effect at the close of 2011 Annual Conference. Exceptions to the new bylaws were made in the 2011 Revised Bylaws Implementation Roadmap, which was adopted at the 2011 Membership Meeting. During that period, the committee consisted of the: chair, chair-elect, immediate past-chair, secretary, treasurer, councilor, and standing committee chairs. At the close of the 2012 ALA Annual Conference, the steering committee was dissolved, and the GLBTRT Executive Board formed.