The Reviews Committee creates book and media reviews for publication in for the round table's GLBT Reviews blog. Reviews are managed by members of the committee. The reviews cover all genres of GLBT-themed fiction and nonfiction material for children, young adults, and adults. A variety formats are considered: books, films, comics, music, and websites. November 2013
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/01/2015. Last retrieved on 12/01/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The committee consists of 5 to 7 members, a board liaison, and is led by a chair.
The GLBT Round Table Reviews Committee was charged at the November 2013 GLBTRT Board meeting. Book reviews were published in the organization's newsletter since the late 1990s. These reviews were written by an ad hoc group of members and edited by the newsletter editor and later a reviews editor.
- 2007 reviews were posted on the new GLBTRT Blog, the group becomes an ad hoc sub group of the round table newsletter committee.
- Fall 2008 The Newsletter began reviewing films.
- Winter 2009 Title for Book Review Editor changed to Reviews Editor.
- Spring 2009 New guidelines for reviewers updated and formalized.
- Summer 2009 Newsletter now averages 18–21 reviews per quarterly issue.
- 2010 Word limit for reviews raised from 250 to 500.
- Summer 2010 the GLBT Reviews blog launched in the ALA domain, on ALA's installation of WordPress at http://www.glbtrt.ala.org/reviews/.
- Summer 2010 Google Analytics is used to gather traffic data Web Committee reports.
- Summer 2010 notifications of all new posts to GLBT Reviews blog are automatically shared on the GLBTRT Feed (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace).
- November 2013 the GLBT Round Table Reviews Committee is charged at the November 2013 GLBTRT Board meeting as a standing committee of the round table.
- July 2014 the GLBT Round Table Reviews Committee begins work as a standing committee.