Table of Contents
- 2013 Ad hoc Committee on the Organization of the Stonewall Book Awards Committee
- GLBTRT Resources Ad hoc Committee
- LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Ad hoc Committee
- Nominating Committee
This group worked from July 2013 to January 2014 with the following charge.
Resolved that the GLBTRT Chair appoint an Ad Hoc Committee to make recommendations about the organization and work of the Stonewall Book Awards Committee (SBAC) beginning with the 2015 cycle, including such issues as:
- Whether to maintain the current structure of the committee, develop subcommittees for each award, or have a separate committee for each award.
- How a proposed change would affect demand and supply of committee volunteers.
- If membership on the SBAC (and its potential subcommittees) should require that a mix of expert and general volunteers be selected.
- How to determine the time of year each cycle should start and what the time period should be for when eligible books must have been published.
- What kind of change has there been in workload given increased publishing and a third award.
- Whether a change would affect the number of books publishers would need to supply to the committee(s).
The ad hoc committee will:
- create recommendations that will not conflict with GLBTRT Bylaws or the GLBTRT Leadership Responsibilities document;
- be composed of both former SBAC members and non-members;
- recommend an implementation plan for changes to the board; and
- share a report with the board and membership by 11:59pm, Friday, 10 January 2014 (two weeks before the start of ALA 2014 Midwinter Meeting).
GLBTRT Resources Ad hoc Committee
The group was charged from January 2012 to January 2013. At the ALA 2012 Midwinter Meeting, the GLBT Round Table Steering Committee charged this ad hoc committee one year to assess, develop, and maintain all resources listed on Publications page of the round table web site. The content on this page was on the Popular Resources page of our old web site.
- Final Report, 2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting
- Committee Space in ALA Connect (includes charge)
- Committee Proposal
- Committee Roster
LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Ad hoc Committee
The LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Committee, an Ad hoc Committee of the GLBTRT, is charged with producing a report to be submitted to the Executive Board of the American Library Association. The report will include:
- A narrative of the harassment GLBTRT members endured during ALA's Annual Conference in Chicago in July 2009;
- A recommendation to ALA on how and where to modify its policy to include gender identity and gender expression;
- A recommendation to ALA on inclusive language for contracts with vendors, including stipulations about staff training that covers sensitivity/awareness of all LGBTQ people;
- A recommendation to ALA to develop a policy on how to address specific harassment incidents related to gender identity and gender expression; and
- A list for a resources page on the GLBTRT website for such training for vendors.
Reports of the LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Ad hoc Committee
- ALA Annual 2010, Steering Committee II Meeting Minutes, Committee Report (Item c) (pdf: 110kb)
- ALA Midwinter 2010, Steering Committee II Meeting Minutes, Committee Report & Discussion (Item f and Section IX) (pdf: 147kb)
- ALA Annual 2009, Steering Committee Meeting II Meeting Minutes, Discussion and documentation (Item h and Appendix A) (pdf: 118kb)
The Nominating Committee was disolved by a vote at the GLBTRT Membership Meeting, 2009 ALA Annual Conference. Duties of the committee were added to the Membership Promotion Committee.