Table of Contents
- GLBTRT Resources Ad hoc Committee
- LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Ad hoc Committee
- Nominating Committee
GLBTRT Resources Ad hoc Committee
The group was charged from January 2012 to January 2013. At the ALA 2012 Midwinter Meeting, the GLBT Round Table Steering Committee charged this ad hoc committee one year to assess, develop, and maintain all resources listed on Publications page of the round table web site. The content on this page was on the Popular Resources page of our old web site.
- Final Report, 2013 ALA Midwinter Meeting
- Committee Space in ALA Connect (includes charge)
- Committee Proposal
- Committee Roster
LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Ad hoc Committee
The LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Committee, an Ad hoc Committee of the GLBTRT, is charged with producing a report to be submitted to the Executive Board of the American Library Association. The report will include:
- A narrative of the harassment GLBTRT members endured during ALA's Annual Conference in Chicago in July 2009;
- A recommendation to ALA on how and where to modify its policy to include gender identity and gender expression;
- A recommendation to ALA on inclusive language for contracts with vendors, including stipulations about staff training that covers sensitivity/awareness of all LGBTQ people;
- A recommendation to ALA to develop a policy on how to address specific harassment incidents related to gender identity and gender expression; and
- A list for a resources page on the GLBTRT website for such training for vendors.
Reports of the LGBTQ Anti-Discrimination & Education Ad hoc Committee
- ALA Annual 2010, Steering Committee II Meeting Minutes, Committee Report (Item c) (pdf: 110kb)
- ALA Midwinter 2010, Steering Committee II Meeting Minutes, Committee Report & Discussion (Item f and Section IX) (pdf: 147kb)
- ALA Annual 2009, Steering Committee Meeting II Meeting Minutes, Discussion and documentation (Item h and Appendix A) (pdf: 118kb)
The Nominating Committee was disolved by a vote at the GLBTRT Membership Meeting, 2009 ALA Annual Conference. Duties of the committee were added to the Membership Promotion Committee.