Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT)
The mission of the Games and Gaming Round Table is to provide the following:
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and concerns surrounding games in libraries;
- Resources to the library community to support the building and maintaining of library game collections;
- A force for initiating and supporting game programming in libraries;
- Create an awareness of, and need for, the support of the value of gaming and play in libraries, schools, and related learning communities.
- Create an awareness of the value of games and gaming in library outreach and community engagement plans.
- A professional and social forum for networking among librarians and non-librarians interested in games and gaming.
ALAPlay combines gaming, comics, and cosplay for an evening of fun while exploring new, social game offerings and collection development / programming ideas, while meeting and sharing ideas with librarians from across the country.
International Games Day @ your library is an annual initiative of the American Library Association to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games. It’s a great opportunity for families to get out of the house and play together in the one community institution that welcomes everyone.
GameRT will be launching a new site with game reviews, best practices, support resources, and more in the near future.
ALA Staff Liaison
Strategy Guide, ITTS
- ALAplay Committee
- Works with the ALA Graphic Novels MIG to hold ALAplay on the Friday night of each Annual Conference.
- Conference Program Committee
- This committee shall be responsible for annual program preparation and presentation.
- International Games Day Committee
- Publications Committee
- This committee will oversee, compile, edit, and produce the GameRT publication.
- Website Committee
- This committee will maintain the GameRT website.