Games and Gaming Round Table (GameRT)
The mission of the Games and Gaming Round Table is to provide the following:
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and concerns surrounding games in libraries;
- Resources to the library community to support the building and maintaining of library game collections;
- A force for initiating and supporting game programming in libraries;
- Create an awareness of, and need for, the support of the value of gaming and play in libraries, schools, and related learning communities.
- Create an awareness of the value of games and gaming in library outreach and community engagement plans.
- A professional and social forum for networking among librarians and non-librarians interested in games and gaming.
Events and Initiatives
ALAPlay combines gaming, comics, and cosplay for an evening of fun while exploring new, social game offerings and collection development / programming ideas, while meeting and sharing ideas with librarians from across the country.
International Games Day @ your library is an annual initiative of the American Library Association to reconnect communities through their libraries around the educational, recreational, and social value of all types of games. It’s a great opportunity for families to get out of the house and play together in the one community institution that welcomes everyone.
The objective of the Will Eisner Graphic Novel Grants for Libraries is to facilitate library-generated programs and services that will promote graphic novels to library patrons and to the local community.
GameRT will be launching a new site with game reviews, best practices, support resources, and more in the near future.
ALA Staff Liaison
Strategy Guide, ITTS
- ALAplay Committee
- Works with the ALA Graphic Novels MIG to hold ALAplay on the Friday night of each Annual Conference.
- International Games Day Committee
- Long Range and Strategic Planning Committee
- Membership and Promotion Committee
- Promotes membership in GameRT and ALA.
- Nominating Committee
- The purpose of the Nominating Committee is to complete the nomination and ballot preparation process for GameRT. The committee is also responsible for providing information on candidates and the election to GameRT membership.
- Program Planning Committee
- Plans, coordinates, and delivers an online program to coincide with the Midwinter and Annual Conference as charged by the GameRT President.
- Publications Committee
- This committee will oversee, compile, edit, and produce the GameRT publication.
- Website Committee
- This committee will maintain the GameRT website.