Membership Meeting ALA Annual Conference 2008
June 29, 2008
- Membership passed the waiving of dues for students and retirees.
- Janet talked about the issues we had already done.
- Committee Reports:
- Helen Sherman, Education Liaison spoke on the FLICC Forum and the Tech Program.
- Maria Pisa reported on Award Recipients: Achievement Award went to Robert E. Schnare, Jr.; Cicely Phippen Marks Scholarship Award went to Alina Johnson; the Adelaide del Frate award went to Cynthia Blaschke.
- Eileen Welsh, Booth Coordinator, pointed out that we were #1840 in the Membership Pavilion.
- Jannie Davis, Armed Forces Federal Director for the Army/Air Force, reported that the Army is producing reports which will include stats from Libraries.
- Fran Perros reported for the Nominating Committee.
- Marie Nelson provided a Treasurer’s report that shows we ended in the black.
- Lucille Rosa reminded everyone that materials to be sent to the archives from offices and committees need to go to her for submission.
- Meeting adjourned.