FAFLRT Board Meeting
Sunday, June 24 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
(Hyatt Regency Capital Hill, Regency A)
Monday, June 25
10:30 am – 12:00 n
(Doubletree Washington, Terrace Ballroom)
Notes from B. Carr
Call to order and acceptance of agenda - Bobbie Carr
Minutes of Midwinter Meeting - Belinda Pugh
Membership ReportThis report was given at the Membership Meeting by B. Carr.
Treasurer & Budget Report - Carol Bursik
- Beginning Net Assets $977.93
- Ending Net Asset Balance $5,463.69
- Bills in the amount of $4,365. have been sent to the companies who advertise in the Federal Librarian. When received, we will have an Ending Net Asset Balance of approximately $9,828.69.
Newsletter Report - Jane Sessa
- ALA Round Table Coordinating Assembly – Bobbie Carr
- Annual Program – James King
- Archives – Lucille Rosa
- Awards Committee – Shirley Loo
- Bylaws & Constitution – Fran Perros
- FAFLRT Website – James King – submitted written report
- Booth Coordinator – Eileen Welch
- Federal Personnel – Linda Resler
- Nominating Committee – Bobbie Carr for Margaret Groner - has four candidates
- ALA Councilor – Mary McInroy
- ALA Education Assembly – Helen Sherman – IFLA will be in Durban, SA. Librarian shortage. Brain drain from developing countries.
- ALA Liaison - Reginald Scott
- ALA Legislation Assembly – Georgette Harris is our rep. now, not Jane Sessa
- ALA Planning and budget Assembly – Carol Bursik
- Coalition for Effective Change – Jane Sessa
- FLICC Liaison – Helen Sherman
- IFLA Liaison – Beacher Wiggins—not present, did not submit a report
- Public Employees Round Table – Fran Perros submitted a written report
- FAFLRT operating manual—the old FLRT operating manual was accepted by Nancy Faget to serve as a model for a new FAFLRT manual.
- Vacant secretary position—Belinda Pugh was persuaded not to resign.
- 2008 meeting schedule
- 2008 reception Margaret Groner has volunteered to assist with planning
- Federal Library Fellowship
- Strategic planning/FAFLRT programming
- Membership drive
- Recognition for Andrew Carroll—there was some discussion regarding a commendation to recognize Andrew Carroll for his work in reviving and distributing the Armed Forces Editions to support our deployed troops. Jane Sessa said that she would work on that.
- FAFLRT’s advocacy role
- ALA's involvement with non-library (?) issues