Exhibits Round Table (ERT)
- To study convention procedures to set standards for booth rental, space assignment, exhibit hours, and information for exhibitors to plan an effective display.
- To act as an interface between exhibitors and the Association.
The Exhibits Round Table is unique among ALA units in that librarians and exhibitors share both the leadership positions and membership of ERT. The Round Table provides a venue for communication and cooperation between the exhibitors at library conferences and ALA for the purpose of making the exhibits an effective part of conference.
Exhibits Round Table Membership Meeting
Monday, January 27, 2014 at 8:00am in Philadelphia, PA
2014 Midwinter Exhibits Ribbon Cutting & Exhibits Opening Reception
Friday, January 24, 2014 from 5:30 pm -7:00 pm. Philadelphia Convention Center. The opening of the exhibits will include food, drink and entertainment through the exhibit hall. This gives exhibitors and attendees their first chance to network as the exhibits kick-off.
2014 Annual Conference- Christopher J. Hoy Scholarship Fund Silent Auction
The Hoy Scholarship Auction is hosted each year during the ALA Annual Conference to raise funds for this scholarship program. Quilts are donated by the ALA BiblioQuilters, an organization founded in 1998. BiblioQuilters are quilt makers who work in and with libraries. Members are librarians, support staff, trustees, and vendors. This year three additional quilts were donated to the silent auction two by academic librarians and one by the mother of an Exhibitor’s Round Table board member.
Additional items at this year’s silent auction will be twenty-pieces of original artwork submitted by librarians nationwide.
Named for Christopher J. Hoy, who was director of the ALA Conference Services Office for over 20 years. The scholarship was established with donations from the family of Christopher J. Hoy and the Exhibits Round Table (ERT) to honor his memory. This $5,000 General ALA Scholarship is awarded each year to an individual who will be attending an ALA-accredited program of library and information studies leading to a master's degree.
For more information visit the Hoy Scholarship Silent Auction on Facebook by clicking here.
- Authors Forum at Midwinter: Well-known popular authors participate in a panel discussion of their most recent books in a room near the exhibit hall. Immediately following the forum these authors will join the exhibitors at the All Conference Reception to sign autographs for ALA attendees.
Exhibits Round Table (ERT) membership is open to all library associations, interested librarians, and firms or individuals exhibiting at library meetings. Current membership is approximately split half-and-half between personal and library organizational memberships, on the one hand, and corporate memberships, on the other. More...
- Chair: Gene Shimshock, Innovative Interfaces
- Vice Chair-Vendor: Heather Blaine-Wiegand, Credo
- Vice Chair-Librarian: Melissa Brechon, Carver County Library
- Secretary: Osha Saylor, EBSCO Publishing
- Treasurer: Jay Askuvich, Midwest Library Service
Kelly Coyle-Crivelli-Random House; Kevin Stewart-ProQuest; Jason Wells-Abrams; Janet Nelson-DEMCO; Brian Brehm-TLC
Joseph Eagan-Montgomery County Public Libraries; Alice Knapp-New Canaan Public Library
- Library Relations Committee: Alice Knapp, Jay Askuvich
- Programs Committee: Melissa Brechon
- Christopher J. Hoy Scholarship Committee: Kelly Coyle-Crivelli
- Membership Committee: Jason Wells
- Round Table Coordinating Committee: Joseph Eagan
- Conference Program Coordinating Team: Ernie DiMattia
- ALA Conference Coordinating Committee: Gene Shimshock
- New Member Round Table:Alice Knapp