Exhibits Round Table (ERT)
- To study convention procedures to set standards for booth rental, space assignment, exhibit hours, and information for exhibitors to plan an effective display.
- To act as an interface between exhibitors and the Association.
The Exhibits Round Table is unique among ALA units in that librarians and exhibitors share both the leadership positions and membership of ERT. The Round Table provides a venue for communication and cooperation between the exhibitors at library conferences and ALA for the purpose of making the exhibits an effective part of conference.
Exhibits Round Table Membership Meeting
Monday, January 28, 2013 from 8:00 am - 9:00 am. Washington State Convention Center Room 606-607
2013 Midwinter Exhibits Ribbon Cutting & Exhibits Opening Reception
Friday, January 25, 2013 from 5:15 pm -7:00 pm. Washington Stage Convention Center Exhibit Halls A-F. The opening of the exhibits will include food, drink and entertainment through the exhibit hall. This gives exhibitors and attendees their first chance to network as the exhibits kick-off.
2013 Annual Conference- Christopher J. Hoy Scholarship Fund Silent Auction
The Hoy Scholarship Auction is hosted each year during the ALA Annual Conference to raise funds for this scholarship program. Quilts are donated by the ALA BiblioQuilters, an organization founded in 1998. BiblioQuilters are quilt makers who work in and with libraries. Members are librarians, support staff, trustees, and vendors. This year three additional quilts were donated to the silent auction two by academic librarians and one by the mother of an Exhibitor’s Round Table board member.
Additional items at this year’s silent auction will be twenty-pieces of original artwork submitted by librarians nationwide.
Named for Christopher J. Hoy, who was director of the ALA Conference Services Office for over 20 years. The scholarship was established with donations from the family of Christopher J. Hoy and the Exhibits Round Table (ERT) to honor his memory. See list of previous winners below. This $5,000 General ALA Scholarship is awarded each year to an individual who will be attending an ALA-accredited program of library and information studies leading to a master's degree.
For more information visit the Hoy Scholarship Silent Auction on Facebook by clicking here.
- Authors Forum at Midwinter: Well-known popular authors participate in a panel discussion of their most recent books in a room near the exhibit hall. Immediately following the forum these authors will join the exhibitors at the All Conference Reception to sign autographs for ALA attendees.
The recipient of the 2011 Christopher Hoy/ ERT Scholarship is Lori Kristen Neumeier of Little Rock, Ark. Lori will be studying at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. Click here for a list of past Chris Hoy/ERT Scholarship winners.
Exhibits Round Table (ERT) membership is open to all library associations, interested librarians, and firms or individuals exhibiting at library meetings. Current membership is approximately split half-and-half between personal and library organizational memberships, on the one hand, and corporate memberships, on the other. More...
- Chair: Gene Shimshock, Innovative Interfaces
- Vice Chair-Vendor: Jay Askuvich, Midwest Library Service
- Vice Chair-Librarian: Melissa Brechon
- Secretary: Osha Saylor, EBSCO Publishing
- Treasurer: Jay Askuvich, Midwest Library Service
Jaclyn Lebert, ProQuest; Janet Nelson, DEMCO; Osha Saylor, EBSCO Publishing; Todd Voorhees, American Psychological Association;
Joseph Eagan, Montgomery County Public Libraries; Alice Knapp, New Canaan Public Library
Paul Graller; Amy R. McGuigan
- Chris Hoy Scholarship Committee: Kelly Coyle-Crivelli
- Education Committee: Melissa Brechon
- Membership Committee: Jason Wells
- Round Table Coordinating Committee: Joseph Eagan
- ALA Conference Coordinating Committee: Gene Shimshock
- ALA Scholarships and Study Grants Committee: Melissa Brechon
- ALA Executive Board Liason To ERT: Roberta Stevens
- New Member Round Table: Gene Shimshock