Coretta Scott King Book Awards Merchandise
Books & Video
Celebrating 45 years of African-American contributions to children’s literature, this valuable selection tool and a teaching resource is useful both in schools for children and in library science programs. This edition features:
- Comprehensive listings and annotations of all winners of the Coretta Scott King Awards from 1969 to 2014
- Updated biographies of notable African-American writers and illustrators
- A sixteen-page color section features illustrations for award-winning books
- A personal look at what motivates and inspires contributors to African-American literature and art
Spotlighting titles appropriate for grades K-12, this discussion guide builds on the rich legacy of the Coretta Scott King award-winning books to offer an important educational resource for teachers, librarians, parents, and other caregivers. This guide identifies within the plot, character, and themes of each book those values that relate to being an American citizen and to living in a democratic society, and then shows how to use the book as a springboard for discussion. Ideal for use in the classroom, the library, and the home, this guide
- Includes a foreword by Linda M. Pavonetti, EdD, Vice-President, International Board on Books for Young People
- Organizes titles by grade-specific chapters, making it easy to find suitable books
- Features bibliographic information and a brief summary of each book, along with suggested opening questions to get the discussion started, and “Beyond the Book” questions that encourage children to talk about their own experiences
- Suggests hundreds of books for further discussion
Lift Every Voice Poster (22" x 28")
This beautiful new poster is based on the James Weldon Johnson song "Lift Every Voice and Sing," which has come to be known as the black national anthem. The art was specially created by Kadir Nelson to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Coretta Scott King Book Awards in 2009. The artist has won multiple Coretta Scott King Awards and a Caldecott Honor. Special thanks to Kadir Nelson.
Lift Every Voice Bookmark (100/pack, 6" x 2")
Embossed foil bronze seals highlight the award books in your collection.
Embossed foil pewter seals highlight the honor books in your collection.
Embossed foil seals highlight the honor books in your collection.
Award Seal Set (24/pack, 14 seals)
Show off the award-winning books in your collection! This special set includes 1 pack (24 seals per pack) of each of the following awards (14 seals in total): Caldecott Gold and Silver, Newbery Gold and Silver, Coretta Scott King Bronze and Pewter, Pura Belpré Gold and Silver, Printz Gold and Silver, Sibert Gold and Silver, Edwards Award, and the Notable Book Seal.