Translation tools, visual searches, mobile applications—these are just a few of the features that let the user interact with reference databases in new ways. In this webcast for librarians in all types of libraries, Sue Polanka, Head, Reference and Instruction, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, and Chair of the Reference Books Bulletin Editorial Board, talks about the value and potential of interactive features, and representatives from Encyclopaedia Britannica, World Book, ABC-CLIO, and Paratext demonstrate their newest interactive features and give us a preview of what’s coming next. Don’t miss this look at some of the features that are shaping the next generation of online reference sources.
Who Should Attend
- Reference librarians
- Public librarians
- Library managers
- Sue Polanka, Chair of the Reference Books Bulletin Editorial Board & Head of Reference and Instruction, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- Michael N. Ross, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Product Development and Technology/General Manager of Education, Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Larissa Kozij, Manager, Digital Products, World Book, Inc.
- Vince Burns, Vice Presidents, Editorial, ABC-CLIO
- Eric M. Calaluca, President and CEO, Paratext