Stitching in the sewing room, digging in the garden, looking information up in the library—these activities are often closely related for book-oriented home gardeners and crafters. If you find inspiration from yarn and paper, if you inhale wholesomeness while seeding and weeding, and if you take comfort from gathering instructive advice by experts (or, of course, if selecting books for your library on either subject is your fond duty), then this webcast on crafts and gardening is for you. Join crafts expert and Booklist reviewer Tina Coleman, Kansas City Public Library readers’ advisory librarian Kaite Mediatore-Stover, and representatives from Storey Publishing; Creative Publishing, a division of the Quayside Publishing Group; and Wiley Publishing to learn about what’s new in crafts and gardening books and how those books are used in the public library.
Who Should Attend
Public librarians looking for readers' advisory and collection development support for today's popular crafts and gardening titles.
- Amy Greeman, Publicity Director, Storey Publishing
- Kaite Mediatore Stover, Booklist columnist and Head of Readers’ Services, Kansas City Public Library
- Heidi Kanter, Director of Trade and Library Sales, Creative Publishing, a division of the Quayside Publishing Group
- Amy Sell, Marketing Manager, Craft Program, Wiley Publishing
- Tina Coleman, Booklist's reviewer and author
Storey Publishing; Creative Publishing, a division of the Quayside Publishing Group; and Wiley Publishing