When considering a new career, it is critical to look at various aspects of the profession that may affect overall satisfaction. These involve more than just salaries and benefits. A variety of factors should be considered. Factors such as these listed below should be taken into account when thinking about a career.
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
The resources listed on this page should aid you in looking at these aspects of careers in libraries.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Job Outlook (work environment, training, etc.)
Library Assistants, Clerical
- U.S. Department for Professional Employees, AFL-CIO
Library Workers Fact Sheet (trends and salary data)
- Library Workers Fact Sheet (trends and salary data)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Current Wage Outlook