The Incredibles are Honorary Chairs for Library Card Sign-up Month 2018!
This September, Disney Pixar's superhero family, the Incredibles, will team up with the American Library Association (ALA) to promote the value of a library card. As honorary chairs, the Incredibles will remind families, students and people of all ages that signing up for a library card is a great step toward a truly super lifestyle: libraries offer fun and informative resources to help you pursue your passions and succeed in school.
In Incredibles 2, in theaters starting June 15, Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, while Bob (voice of Craig T. Nelson) navigates the day-to-day heroics of “normal” life at home when a new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot that only the Incredibles can overcome together.
Throughout the summer, ALA will be providing a variety of free tools and ideas for promoting Library Card Sign-up Month in your local community. Plus, be sure to visit the ALA Store to purchase Library Card Sign-up Month posters, stickers and bookmarks. Follow I Love Libraries on Facebook and Twitter and the hashtag #LibraryCardSignUp to join the celebration on social media.
Resources for Libraries
- It’s #LibraryCardSignUp Month! Celebrate by visiting your #library this September to get your very own library card.
- To get the school year off to the best possible start, sign up for a #library card today! #LibraryCardSignUp Month #LibrariesTransform
- What’s the most important school supply that doesn’t cost a penny? A #library card! Get one this September. #LibraryCardSignUp Month
- Find your super powers at the library by signing up for a #library card! #LibraryCardSignUp Month
- If you love the Incredibles be sure to visit your #library for movies, comics and much more. #LibraryCardSignUp Month
- Check out something incredible at your #library! Happy #LibraryCardSignUp Month!
- Do something incredible – get your #library card today! #LibraryCardSignUp Month #LibrariesTransform
Artwork for print PSAs, library cards, billboards, social media and more!
Need help getting started with your Library Card Sign-up Month plans? Check out these archivedwebinars:
How to Leverage Snoopy to Run a Library-Card Sign-Up Campaign (May 2016) with Jeff Julian, Director of ALA's Public Awareness Office, and Megan McFarlane, Campaign Coordinator.
How to Leverage Snoopy to Run a Library-Card Sign-Up Campaign (July 2015) with Nancy Dowd, Chair of the ALA Public Awareness Committee and Product Manager, LibraryAware at NoveList EBSCO Publishing, and Pam Jaskot, Consultant and Trainer for LibraryAware at NoveList EBSCO Publishing. Notes from the session
Using Door-to-door Marketing for Library Card Sign-ups (October 2015) with John Chrastka, Executive Director of EveryLibrary.
We'd like to hear what you have planned for Library Card Sign-up Month or answer your questions. Contact us at campaign.ala.org
Library Card Sign-up Month is made possible with support from:
Thank you to Disney Publishing Worldwide for offering The Incredbles as 2018 Library Card Sign-up Month Honorary Chairs!
For 25 years OverDrive has been on a mission to provide access to compelling, easy-to-use digital materials that reach, engage, and satisfy readers. Since 2002 we have worked with ALA member libraries to invest how libraries lend eBooks and digital audiobooks. In the spirit of continuous improvement and best practices, together with ALA we are engaged in library advocacy with publishers and authors to provide fair lending models and costs. Visit Overdrive.com to learn more.
ALA Library Champions support ALA’s efforts in raising public awareness about the value of libraries and librarians.