Coretta Scott King Book Donation Grant
Award and Frequency
- Shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the institution selected to receive the materials.
- Materials must be claimed within one month of notification of the donation or they will be donated to the second choice of the award committee.
- Recipients agree to accept all materials offered.
- Complete the application cover sheet. The chief administrator of the agency or institution must sign the application.
- In no more than four pages, provide the following information:
- Describe the community served by your agency or institution; include demographic statistics.
- Explain why this community needs a collection of books by African American authors and illustrators.
- Describe your agency or institution, including your current services, collections and materials budget.
- Explain why your agency or institution needs these materials. Do you need multiple copies, or would you prefer one copy of each title?
- Explain how the materials will be made available to children and youth in your community. How will these materials improve service to children and youth?
- Explain how the materials will promote positive self-image of African American children and youth and/or broaden the worldview of children and youth.
- Mail one original and four copies of the complete application to:
Office for Literacy & Outreach Services
SRRT/Coretta Scott King Book Donation
50 East Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
Applications must be received by December 1st, prior to the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
Work Phone: 312-280-2140
Fax: (312) 280-3256
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 09/16/2014. Last retrieved on 09/16/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.