Coretta Scott King Book Donation Grant
Award and Frequency
- Shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the institution selected to receive the materials.
- Materials must be claimed within one month of notification of the donation or they will be donated to the second choice of the award committee.
- Recipients agree to accept all materials offered.
- Complete the application cover sheet. The chief administrator of the agency or institution must sign the application.
- In no more than four pages, provide the following information:
- Describe the community served by your agency or institution; include demographic statistics.
- Explain why this community needs a collection of books by African American authors and illustrators.
- Describe your agency or institution, including your current services, collections and materials budget.
- Explain why your agency or institution needs these materials. Do you need multiple copies, or would you prefer one copy of each title?
- Explain how the materials will be made available to children and youth in your community. How will these materials improve service to children and youth?
- Explain how the materials will promote positive self-image of African American children and youth and/or broaden the worldview of children and youth.
- Mail one original and four copies of the complete application to:
Office for Literacy & Outreach Services
SRRT/Coretta Scott King Book Donation
50 East Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
Applications must be received by December 1st, prior to the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/05/2013. Last retrieved on 12/05/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.