Great Books Giveaway Competition
Award and Frequency
- Applicants must be personal or organizational members of YALSA.
- All applications must be submitted online no later than December 1.
- Applicants must agree to accept all the materials received at the YALSA office, with the understanding that this collection is material targeted primarily for young adults, ages 12-18.
- An electronic copy of the current, board-approved collection development policy must be submitted with the application (the document needs to be uploaded).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the institution selected to receive the Great Book Giveaway collection. For purposes of estimating shipping costs, winning collections have weighed as much as 2,000 lbs. and included as many as 75 cartons. Shipping ranges from $800 - $1200.
Previous winners are not eligible.
Work Phone: 312-280-4390
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2729
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/20/2014. Last retrieved on 12/20/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The recipient of the Great Books Giveaway will be announced by a press release issued by the ALA Public Information Office during the upcoming Midwinter Meeting.