Great Books Giveaway Competition
Award and Frequency
- Applicants must be personal members of YALSA as well as ALA. Organizational members are not eligible.
- All applications must be received complete in the YALSA office no later than December 1.
- All entries must include the cover sheet provided by YALSA.
- The application must be signed by the director of the public library, the superintendent of schools, the building-level administrator or the director of the institution.
- Applicants must agree to accept all the materials received at the YALSA office, with the understanding that this collection is material targeted primarily for young adults, ages 12-18.
- The cover sheet, supplementary materials and an electronic copy of the current, board-approved collection development policy must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec. 1 of each year. Applications must be sent electronically; hard copies will not be accepted.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Shipping and handling charges are the responsibility of the institution selected to receive the Great Book Giveaway collection. For purposes of estimating shipping costs, winning collections have weighed as much as 2,000 lbs. and included as many as 35 cartons. Shipping ranges from $500 - $800.
Work Phone: 312-280-4390
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2729
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/24/2014. Last retrieved on 07/24/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The recipient of the Great Books Giveaway will be announced by a press release issued by the ALA Public Information Office during the upcoming Midwinter Meeting.