Marshall Cavendish Scholarship (HISTORICAL)
Established with donations from the Marshall Cavendish Corporation, Tarrytown, N.Y., publishers of illustrated reference books for libraries.
Award and Frequency
- U.S. or Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Attend ALA accredited Master's Program.
- No more than 12 semester hours towards MLS/MLIS/MIS prior to June 1 of year awarded.
- Personal Statement.
Apply online at www.ala.org/scholarships.
ALA, Human Resource Development & Recruitment (HRDR)
Program Officer, Education & Scholarships
50 East Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611
800/545-2433 x 4279
Work Phone: (312) 280-4279
Fax: (312) 280-3256
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/24/2013. Last retrieved on 05/24/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Required. Completed online application (which includes a personal statement).
- Required. Completed references (only references on the official online form will be accepted). A total of three references must be submitted. You will be prompted to indicate your professional references within the online application.
- Required. Official academic transcripts from institutions where you received your bachelors degree. These can be submitted directly from the institution, or mailed in the unopened envelope as received from the degree-granting institutions along with any other materials you may need to submit. Only official (sealed) copies will be accepted. All items must be received in the ALA Scholarship Clearinghouse by March 1st to be considered. When March 1st falls on a Satruday or Sunday the deadline will be extend to the next business day. The mailing address is: ALA Scholarship Clearinghouse, 50 E. Huron St., Chicago, IL 60611.
Recipients will be contacted by phone after June 1st. All other applicants will be notified by e-mail after July 1st.