Routledge Distance Learning Librarian Conference Sponsorship Award
Award and Frequency
$1200 to help defray the costs of travel to and participation in the ALA Annual Meeting and a plaque sponsored by Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group.
The nominee must be an ACRL member.
Applicants or nominators must send one completed copy of the award nomination form (fillable PDF file) (ACRL Distance Learning Section) to the DLS Award Chair, Jennifer C. Hill, Johns Hopkins University, T: (410) 516-8823, E-mail: email@example.com. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
Submissions must also include three letters of nomination or support (maximum two pages double spaced in 12 point Times New Roman font). Completed applications and all supporting documents must be received by the specified deadline. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Electronic submissions are encouraged.
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 01/28/2015. Last retrieved on 01/28/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Nominees should have demonstrated achievements in one or more of the following areas:
- Contribution to or support for distance learning librarianship and library services, e.g., service to students and faculty, publications, training, innovation and/or leadership
- Consultation services in support of higher education distance students and programs beyond the traditional library boundaries
- Training of faculty and staff who support library services for distance students
- Advocacy at decision-making levels, especially in funding and policy development as related to distance learning librarianship
- Work with outside agencies in support of students learning at a distance
- Significant research and publication in areas of distance learning librarianship
- Planning and implementation of distance learning library programs of such exemplary quality that they serve as a model for others.