ProQuest Innovation in College Librarianship Award
Award and Frequency
A $3,000 donation by ProQuest. The award is administered by the College Libraries Section of ACRL and is presented at the ALA Annual Conference.
At least one applicant must have at least three years academic library experience.
Applicant(s) must be in an academic library setting primarily serving undergraduates.
Applicant could either be an individual or team with the primary applicant having three years of experience.
Electronic submissions are required. All electronic attachments should be emailed to CLSawardcommittee@gmail.com. Nominations should include the following:
- Name, address, e-mail and phone number of self-applicant or the person you are nominating.
- Letter supporting the nomination including (no more than 1,000 words):
- Written description of the project explaining what made it innovative;
- Written description of its impact;
- What could other librarians learn from your experience?
- Provide supplemental materials for the committee to understand the purpose, content, impact and innovation (limit of three items).
- CV is required.
- Letter of recommendation, if appropriate.
- Completion of the online form.
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/21/2013. Last retrieved on 05/21/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
As nominee(s), the librarian(s) must have demonstrated a capacity for innovation in working with or serving undergraduates or instructors in the areas of programs, services, and operations; or creating innovations for library colleagues that facilitate their ability to better serve the library’s community. Any member of ALA is eligible for this award.