CLS Innovation in College Librarianship Award
Award and Frequency
This award is pending sponsorship approval. The award is administered by the College Libraries Section of ACRL and is presented at the ALA Annual Conference.
Prior to the 2015 award season, the award consisted of a $3,000 award donated by ProQuest.
At least one of the nominees must be an ALA member to be eligible for this award.
Nominees must be in an academic library setting at institutions fitting the Carnegie classifications of Baccalaureate or Masters Colleges and Universities.
Applications are kept in the award pool for three years. Applications may be updated each year, as long as they are received by the award deadline.
Electronic submissions are required. All electronic attachments should be emailed to CLSawardcommittee@gmail.com. Nominations should include the following:
- Name, address, e-mail and phone number of self-applicant or the person you are nominating.
- Letter of nomination (including self-nomination) (no more than 1,000 words)
- Written description of a new idea, method, project or device that enhances student learning and/or faculty development and overall works to promote the library as integral to the achievement of the college’s mission. Describe the impact that it has had (or is anticipated to have) on the library and how it supports the college’s mission. Describe what other librarians can learn from the experience and how it could be replicable in other libraries.
- CV is required.
- Letter of recommendation, if appropriate.
- Completion of the online form.
The selected recipient will provide a statement after the project, to be used in the announcement for the following year’s award call for nominations, to describe the impact that the project has had on their library.
If possible, please submit a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi). The photo will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
American Library Association
50 E Huron Street
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 12/08/2016. Last retrieved on 12/08/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
As nominee(s), the librarian(s) must have demonstrated a capacity for innovation in working with or serving undergraduates or instructors in the areas of programs, services, and operations; or creating innovations for library colleagues that facilitate their ability to better serve the library’s community.