Award and Frequency
- Demonstrated need for help with a library advocacy campaign.
- Minimum of five volunteers committed to working on a leadership team for a campaign. Each member understands that this commitment may require at least weekly meetings for up to 90 days.
- Leadership team available for two days of on-site, in-person training (approx. 5 hours each day) between June 1, 2013-May 1, 2014.
- One member of the leadership team is willing to become a local “mentor” for other libraries in the state and/or region. Mentor may be invited to participate in a one-time live one hour webinar and may also be asked to give an advocacy program at state library conference.
- Support of the library’s Board of Trustees.
- No member of the United for Libraries' Board of Directors or his or her library will be eligible to receive this grant.
The 20 grants will be issued in two cycles:
- Cycle 1 Grants
- Application materials due April 15, 2013.
- Grantees notifed by May 15, 2013.
- On-site trainings to be held June 1, 2013-May 1, 2014.
- Cycle 2 Grants
- Application to be released January 2014.
- Applications materials due April 15, 2014.
- Grantees notifed by May 15, 2014.
- On-site trainings to be held June 1, 2014-May 1, 2015.
All application materials must be emailed, faxed, or postmarked by March 15, 2013. Please email materials to email@example.com or fax to (215) 545-3821. If submission of a hard copy is necessary, materials may be mailed to:
United for Libraries
109 S. 13th St., Suite 117B
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Please contact United for Libraries at (800) 545-2433, ext. 2161 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions