ALA Excellence in Library Programming Award
Award and Frequency
In recognition that programming is an essential part of service delivery in all types of libraries, school, public, academic, and special libraries are all eligible. The nominated program/series must have been for a public audience.
Work Phone: (312) 280-3247
Fax: 312 944-3897
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 05/25/2013. Last retrieved on 05/25/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Clear statement of organization goals and objectives
- Clear statement of the link between library objectives and community impact
- Identifying the audience for the project and developing a program directed at that audience.
- Documenting the need for the program, was the need well-defined
- The quality of the design of the program.
- The clearness of the action plan and calendar
- Whether the needed resources were available (including staff) to make the program a success.
- Whether the budget is adequate and reasonable for the program.
- Whether appropriate evaluation methods are being used.
- Additional areas that may be considered: the importance of the problem addressed; the seriousness of the proposal to the library's needs; whether the program improved delivery of services to user.