Beta Phi Mu/LRRT Research Paper Award for 2012
Award and Frequency
Any ALA member is eligible for this $500 award, and all methodologies and research topics/questions are eligible for consideration.
The page limit for submissions will be thirty (30) double-spaced pages plus bibliography. Only complete papers will be considered and submissions should be made electronically to the contact person below. The submissions must not have been published prior to March 1, 2012 and should follow APA style. Individuals may submit only one paper. Jointly authored papers are acceptable, but all authors must be ALA members, and will split the award of $500.
Please include a title page with title of paper and author contact information including name, institutional affiliation, mailing address and email address.
Email Submissions as Word documents only to:
Marie L. Radford, PhD, BPM President and Award Chair
School of Communication and Information
- Importance of the research question or problem
- Adequacy of the review of relevant literature
- Appropriateness of the methodology used
- Effectiveness of the application of the methodology
- Addition of the findings to the knowledge and/or praxis in the field of librarianship
- Articulation of the conclusions emanating from the study
- Clarity and completeness
The papers will undergo a blind-review process by a joint BPM/LRRT award committee and the winner will be notified by May 1, 2012. The award will be presented during one of LRRT’s research programs at the ALA Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA, June 21-25, 2012.