Baker & Taylor Awards for Friends Groups
Award and Frequency
Winning Friends groups receive a financial award and a plaque during the ALTAFF Gala Author Tea at the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference held each summer.
Applicant group must have an ALTAFF Friends or Foundation group membership valid through June 2012. Please contact ALTAFF to verify your eligibility prior to preparing your entry.
- Applicants must provide a 2-page summary of (a) their group’s activities on behalf of their library during the calendar year 2011; or (b) one specific Friends’ or Foundation project or program concluding in2011 that was particularly successful. The summary should be sufficiently explicit to convey an adequate sense of the Friends’ or Foundation’s efforts.
- Your entry materials must include this form completed in full, the official release form, and your group’s mission statement.
- Supporting materials (press releases, photographs, clippings, promotional materials) may be included. No materials can be returned.
- Applicants may apply in any of the following categories:
- Public Library Friends Group or Library Foundation with assistance from paid staff (employed by library, Foundation, or Friends group).
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/07/2015. Last retrieved on 10/07/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Applications are judged on the following:
- Planning: Friends, library, and community involvement, use of resources, appropriateness of the activity, and measurable goals and objectives.
- Implementation: Use of resources, public relations, task monitoring, and broad membership involvement.
- Evaluation: Assessment of activity or program, measurable results.
- Innovation: New idea or implementation, creative involvement of people, fresh use of public relations.
- Community Involvement: Broad support by the community in planning and implementation.
Winners will be notified by May 15.