Research Grant (HISTORICAL)
Established in 1993, AASL Research Grants in the amount of $2,500 are given to up to two school librarians, library educators, library information science, or education professors to conduct innovative research aimed at measuring and evaluating the impact of school library programs on learning and education. The study should have the potential to serve as a model for future school library research, and researchers should furnish documentation of the results of their work.
(Not sponsored 2007-9)
Award and Frequency
Two grants in the amount of $2,500 will be awarded.
Personal membership in ALA/AASL at the time of application.
Recipients of the AASL Research Grant will be invited to present the results of their projects at a concurrent session during the AASL National Conference in the year(s) following the year of their grant (e.g. if the grant is awarded in 2011 or 2012, the recipient(s) will present a program at the AASL 2013 National Conference). Recipients may also be invited to publish a summary of their findings in School Library Research and/or Knowledge Quest.
For more information and to apply, visit the AASL website.
Displaying active committee roster as of 08/28/2015. Last retrieved on 08/28/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The AASL Research Grant Committee will evaluate applications on the basis of the following criteria:
- Potential to measure and/or evaluate the impact of school library programs on learning and education.
- Originality of the research project and methodology
- Potential for replication
- Demonstrated ability of the applicant(s) to undertake and successfully complete the project
- Evidence that sufficient time and resources have been allocated to the effort
- Support and commitment (financial and otherwise) by institutions and organizations to the project
- Clarity and completeness of the proposal
- Personal resume of individual applicant attached
- Personal membership in ALA/AASL at the time of application by the applicant
Winners will be announced in the spring.