NMRT Professional Development Grant
Award and Frequency
Applications are closed for 2012.
Work Phone: (312) 280-4279
Fax: (312) 280-3256
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 06/17/2013. Last retrieved on 06/17/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The committee will consider the following in its deliberations:
- The applicant's ability or initiative to attend future national conferences if finances are provided this year.
- How the applicant intends to use the ALA conference experience at his/her home institution and local, state and regional associations.
- The applicant's current involvement at local, state and regional associations.
- The impact of winning the grant on the applicant's current position and future career options.
- Potential contributions the applicant will make to ALA and NMRT.
- The committee also considers the applicant's overall presentation.
- The committee does not consider geographic location, age, sex, religion, race or national origin. Please do not hesitate to apply for the grant because you feel you have not done enough as a member of NMRT. We are interested in potential and the ability and willingness to make future contributions. This is a professional development grant.
Applicants will be notified of the committee's decision as soon as possible after the Midwinter Conference.