MANGO/NMRT Professional Development Grant
The purpose of the MANGO/NMRT Professional Development Grant (sponsored by Mango Languages) is to encourage professional development and participation by new ALA members in national ALA and NMRT activities.
Award and Frequency
All recipients will be asked to sign an acceptance statement agreeing to the following:
- Recipient will confirm in writing with the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee that he or she will be able to attend the ALA Annual Conference.
- Recipient will provide confirmation in writing from his or her employer that he or she has approval to accept the grant and to meet the requirements of conference attendance.
- Recipient will agree to attend certain conference-related functions as requested in advance by the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee.
- Recipient will agree to participate in NMRT's Mentoring Program.
- Recipient will schedule a 1-2 hour appearance as a greeter at the NMRT Resume Review Service at the ALA Annual Conference.
- Recipient will agree to write a Footnotes article about their ALA Conference experience.
- If the recipient is unable to complete the terms of this grant, he or she must notify the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee and return any funds received under the grant.
Work Phone: (312) 280-4279
Fax: (312) 280-3256
American Library Association
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2788
Displaying active committee roster as of 03/30/2017. Last retrieved on 03/30/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The selection of grant recipients rest solely with the NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee, which is composed of NMRT members.
The committee will consider the following in its deliberations:
- The applicant's ability or initiative to attend future national conferences if finances are provided this year.
- How the applicant intends to use the ALA conference experience at his/her home institution and local, state and regional associations.
- The applicant's current involvement at local, state and regional associations.
- The impact of winning the grant on the applicant's current position and future career options.
- Potential contributions the applicant will make to ALA and NMRT.
- The committee also considers the applicant's overall presentation.
- The committee does not consider geographic location, age, sex, religion, race or national origin. Please do not hesitate to apply for the grant because you feel you have not done enough as a member of NMRT. We are interested in potential and the ability and willingness to make future contributions. This is a professional development grant.
Questions regarding the application for the MANGO/NMRT Professional Development Grant may be directed to:
Katy Holder, Chair, NMRT Professional Development Grant Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be notified of the committee's decision by March 10, 2017.