Information Technology Pathfinder Award (HISTORICAL)
CategoriesDivision One: For the innovative use of information technology in the school library program in an elementary (K-6) setting.Division Two: For the innovative use of information technology in the school library program in a secondary (7-12) setting.
Established in 1985 (as the Microcomputer in the Media Center Award.
Award and Frequency
- $1,000 to the school librarian
- $500 to the school library program
Displaying active committee roster as of 06/29/2016. Last retrieved on 06/29/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Each application will be judged on the basis of:
- the identification and utilization of technologies which address the needs of the school community;
- the integration of technology into the school curriculum; and
- the depth of the impact on student learning.
For the purpose of this award, "information technology" shall be defined as "any technology or combination of technologies that enables students and teachers to access, integrate, manage and produce information in a wide variety of formats." These technologies include, but are not limited to, computers and computer applications, databases, Internet, CD-ROM, laser technology, video, telecommunications, networking, distance learning and other emerging technologies.