ABC-CLIO Leadership Grant
- Involve new members;
- Train on-going leaders;
- Prepare school librarians to be building or district level leaders;
- Encourage collaboration among organizations.
Established in 1986, the grant of up to $1,750 is given to school library associations that are AASL affiliates for planning and implementing leadership programs at the state, regional, or local levels.
Award and Frequency
Applicant must be a current member of the AASL Affiliate Assembly.
The recipient organization is responsible for providing a final written report, which will include an itemized statement of expenses, an evaluation of the results, and suggestions for improvement. The organization is also responsible for presenting a brief oral report at the Affiliate Assembly meeting during the ALA Midwinter Meeting following the completion of the project.
See the AASL website to apply.
Work Phone: (312) 280-4385
American Library AssociationAmerican Association of School Librarians
50 E Huron St
Chicago, IL 60611-2729
Displaying active committee roster as of 08/29/2014. Last retrieved on 08/29/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
All applications for the grant will be judged against the following criteria:
- Program objectives are clear
- Nature and importance of desired leadership qualities are specified
- Intended participant group is well defined
- Plan of action and calendar are included
- Budget is well planned
- Evaluation plan is valid and follow-up activities are appropriate
- Program has merit for replication by other affiliates
Winners are announced in the spring.