About the Cultural Diversity Grant
The goals of the grant program are to support the creation and dissemination of resources that will assist library administrators and managers in developing a vision and commitment to diversity, and in fostering and sustaining diversity throughout their institutions; to increase the representation and advancement of people of color in the field of library administration and management and to establish productive partnerships between LAMA and major national organizations representing minority interests; to strengthen the diversity of LAMA membership, committees, and officers and integrate diversity into all aspects of the Association's work.
Award and Frequency
Two awards of up to $1,000 are given annually.
This award is not currently being given out.
Projects demonstrating creativity and innovation, and whose results will be widely distributed, will be especially welcome. It is preferred that projects be completed within one year of announcement of the grant award with two years being the maximum duration of any project. Grants will be made to fund the activities enumerated below.
1. Educational activities including workshops, seminars, programs, institutes, etc.
2. Research results
4. Mentoring and networking initiatives and opportunities
5. Sponsorship of and reports on attendance at conferences of national minority organizations or other relevant groups
6. Resource lists
7. Studies and reports on successful diversity-related initiatives in libraries or other organizations.
This award is not currently offered.
Proposals will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Extent to which the application meets the goals outlined above
2. Quality of the application and clarity of information provided
3. Strength of justification of need for the project
4. Feasibility of completing the project within required deadlines
5. Evidence of support and commitment to realize the project by the individual or group submitting the application
6. Soundness of proposed budget
7. Size and breadth of target audience.