About the Bookapalooza Program
Creating a better future for all children through libraries is ALSC’s core purpose.
ALSC envisions a future where:
- In every library, children come first.
- All libraries acknowledge the importance of children’s service with adequate materials and resources.
- All libraries recognize ALSC as a leader in promoting high quality service to children.
- Libraries recognize and support the value of all staff serving children.
- Resources, collections, services, and staff reflect the communities they serve.
- The library’s physical space reflects the developmental needs of children.
- Children and their families are being served by a variety of non-traditional programs and activities in off-site locations.
In keeping with this envisioned future, the Bookapalooza Program will offer select libraries a collection of materials that will help transform their collection and provide the opportunity for these materials to be used in their community in creative and innovative ways.